November 12, 2008

Last Two Weeks

Well, It has been over 2 weeks and I have not updated the blog. I am so sorry! A lot has happened in the past 2 weeks so I will try and catch you up on what has been going on in the White House. With the election and everything, as you can imagine the White House has been quite crazy!

Trick-or-Treat
I decided not to dress him up this Halloween but he had 2 adorable Halloween onesies that he wore-one of which his MeMe (my mother) gave him. Because our neighborhood doesn't have many trick-or-treaters, we went over to Erin and Greg's house (Bobby's boss) to see their Sarah as a princess and John as a cow. Sarah is two and John is 11 weeks. Bobby had fun trick-or-treating with Sarah and Greg.

MeMe Came to Visit
MeMe had a conference here in Columbia and we were so happy that she came and spent the afternoon with us after her conference was over. Trace loves his MeMe. MeMe and Papa Boo are very excited about keeping Trace when Bobby and I go to the bowl game in December or January and we are so thankful that they don't mind. My mom actually put the Carolina Football team on her prayer list at church that they would do well and go to a good bowl so that Bobby and I would go and she could keep him. How funny!! Hopefully her prayers will be answered.

GO COCKS!!
Trace and I were very excited that Daddy decided to stay at home with us instead of going to the Tennessee game. We dressed up like we were at the game and had our own little tailgating party. Bobby grilled out bacon wrapped filets (again...I'm addicted) and baked potatoes and we had a blast spending time with Daddy.
For those Clemson fans reading this, Trace is not upset in this picture because he has on Gamecock gear but because I had just told him that Clemson actually beat Boston College and he was a little upset. He is definitely already a diehard Gamecock!
Lake Murray Dam
Trace and I met April and Anderson (friends from Sunday School) to walk the Lake Murray Dam. The dam was recently renovated and is now pedestrian friendly and great for walking, running or riding bikes. It is beautiful but I forgot to take a picture of the lake from the actual dam. If you ever get a chance to go out there, you need to do it. It is well worth it. Anderson is 2 weeks younger than Trace and so cute with a head full of hair.

Trace's First Visit to Spartanburg
On Sunday, we went to my grandparents house to celebrate my and Bobby's birthdays. Trace met his Great Uncle Mark for the first time and enjoyed playing with MeMe, Papa Boo, Papa Hoover, Grandma, Uncle Robert and Aunt Autumn. Needless to say Trace is so spoiled. Grandma cooked our favorites....Ham, mac-n-cheese, creamed corn, fried okra, green beans, deviled eggs, potato salad, pineapple casserole and topped it off with Red Velvet Cake. YUMMY!!!
Growing Boy!!
Trace is growing so fast. He was 6 weeks old on Monday. Where does the time go? He has changed so much in these past 6 weeks.
He is talking back to us when we talk to him, he lays on his gym mat and talks and kicks his feet, he's slowly finding his thumb, he holds his head up when on his stomach, he watches his mobile on his swing, he loves looking at his mommy and daddy, he follows us when we walk by, he loves laying on his changing table, he smiles at us, and that is just a few of things we are enjoying so much about him.
I took him to the doctor yesterday because I thought he was having trouble going to the bathroom. The doctor said he was normal. haha That seems to be what he tells me everytime I go. I am a complete worrier! He weighs 8 lbs. 15 oz. He is growing so fast.

No comments: