January 31, 2009

Four Months Already??

Where does the time go? On Trace's 4 month birthday, January 29th, 2008, we went to the doctor for his 4 month check-up. We got a great report. Trace now weighs in at 13 lbs. 4 oz. He has gained almost 8 lbs since he was born. They said he was doing wonderful. He has grown 6.5 inches since birth making him 24.5 inches long. My doctor is one of these who would perfer for me not to start him cereal until around 5.5 or 6 months. I am going to abide by his wishes and wait. He said if I wait then he will only have to eat cereal for about one week and then I can start him on fruits and vegatables (no meat until 9 months). I am sooo excited for Trace to enter the next phase of his life. It will be so fun to see his face when he gets "real food" for the first time.
He is a still a little shrimp though. He is still in his 3 month outfits. I bought him some 6 month outfits so that he could wear them in the winter thinking he would have fit. It looks I will be taking them back.
We are really enjoying everything he is doing now. He knows when Bobby and I are around and kicks his feet, pumps his arms and get really excited. He is not blowing as many bubbles anymore but is definitely drooling alot. He loves standing up (with our help of course) and loves taking baths.
He has been sleeping like a champ. He usually eats his final feeding between 7-8 o'clock and then doesn't want you to rock him when it is time for bed. He wants to go straight to his bed. He will fuss for a few minutes and then dose right off to sleep. And yes he is still in our bedroom. I just can't move him yet. I know though the longer I wait, the harder it will be. He normally will sleep from about 8:30 or 9:00 to 5:30. I am definitely not complaining about that. Muriel (MiMi) the lady that keeps Trace, told me not to get too used to it. I won't but will enjoy it while it lasts.





1 comment:

A Quiver Full said...

hey Jennifer, I know you don't know me...but I was looking at Connie's blog and clicked on the link to your blog. I just read this post about your baby going to his own crib in his own room and about how you got up all night to check on him... well I thought I would tell you about something that has been a huge blessing to us! It's called the AngelCare monitor by BebeSounds. Maybe I'm crazy or maybe it was just having my son 6 weeks early, but I had a HUGE struggle the first week we brought him home- I watched him every second that he slept (in a bassinet in our room) and was soooo afraid he would stop breathing and die. I've always worried about SIDS but never thought that I would literally make myself sick over it. I would beg the Lord and pray all night that my sweet baby wouldnt die-it was terrible. Well we ended up ordering a this monitor- it has a pad you put under his mattress that monitors his every move/breath and if there is no movement for 20 seconds an alarm goes off! It has truly been a blessing to us and works perfectly. We have not had any false alarms and the only time the alarm has gone off is when I've picked him up and forgot to turn it off. Oh- and it works like a regular monitor too- sound, lights, etc and even tells you the temperature of the room which is nice!
I still worry about SIDS but not nearly as much and have alot of peace that this monitor is the Lord's way of helping me to relax. Soooo I feel it is my "duty" to tell every worried mama about this monitor- it's worth every dime! http://www.amazon.com/BébéSounds-Angelcare®-Deluxe-Movement-Monitor/dp/B000VS8WGA

Sincerely,
Hannah Spires