February 18, 2009

Big Boy!

I know it has been awhile, once again! I am getting really slack at this blog thing. I am trying not to be on the internet when I get home from work so spend more time with Bobby and Trace.
So, Trace is growing up so fast. Can I just tell you I have always heard that you just can't explain the love you have for a child; but I never understood it until we had Trace. That statement is SO TRUE! It is also a reminder to me that we think we love our children so much, but God loves us (his children) so much more than we can love our own. I can't imagine, but it is a great feeling to know we are sooo loved! I really have no idea why I am getting deep here but maybe someone who reads this needs to hear it.
Bobby and I are enjoying Trace so much and watching him change everyday. He has started rolling over consistently now from his tummy to his back. It is soo cute! He is pulling his legs under him while he is on his tummy. I am waiting for that first scoot. He has rolled over from his back to his tummy one time while I wasn't looking. I am so sad I missed it.
We also put together his excersaucer the other day and he absolutely loves it. We weren't sure if he would be able to sit up in it great since there is so much space in there. He definitley surprised us they way he moves from one side to the other to find all the toys on it. He loves to flip the little green frog and look at himself in the mirror. I also put links on it and he loves to pull himself into the links and try to eat them. Eat them, ahh yes, he is trying eat everything he comes in contact with (fingers, mommy's fingers, daddy's nose, cell phone, books, toys and his favorite toy-keys). I am feeling around for teeth but don't feel anything just yet. He has been drooling so much and has had a runny nose for the last couple of days so I am not sure if it is just a cold or if he is about to cut a tooth. Let me also tell you how much he loves his daddy! I love to watch their interaction with each other. Trace will stare at Bobby and he thinks everything Bobby does is funny. He cackles, out loud, all the time at him. If I try to do the same thing Bobby is doing that is making him laugh, he just looks at me like I am stupid or something. I guess I am old news. The biggest thing for me is I decided put Trace in his crib in his own bedroom Monday night. He normally sleeps in his pack-n-play right beside my side of the bed. He was starting to wake up everytime Bobby or I would roll over or get out of the bed. (Our bed squeaks a little bit) I was not sleeping as well because I would wake up everytime he moved. I was honestly tired of getting dressed in the dark, whispering when we went to bed, tip-toing around him. So Monday was the night. He did WONDERFUL! Much better than his mommy! I cried my little heart out. Bobby thought I was a little crazy, but it was sad to see his pack-n-play in our room and our baby boy not in it. By the way, the pack-n-play is still in our room, just in case he needs to come back. :) I put him in his crib about 9:00 Monday night and he slept until 5:15. I didn't sleep at all because I was too worried about listening to the monitor to make sure I could hear him breathe. And you know the 15 times I couldn't hear anything I was in his room checking on him. I got enough excercise going from one end of the house to the other to last me a whole week. Last night was great for Trace again and much better for me. I put him in his crib around the same time and he whimpered a few minutes and then fell asleep and slept until 5:15 again. However, last night he woke up around 1:15 screaming. Bobby went in to check on him and found Trace has pushed his leg all the way through the rail of the crib. That is kind of scary but my mom assures me that his circulation will not get cut off and he will cry if he is uncomfortable and we will just reposition him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT update! He is such cutie pie!!!! Congrats on making the move to the crib- you all will get much better quality of sleep (especially once you get used to it). I hope we get to see him soon! oh- and Ford still chews on everything and his teeth have taken forever to come in- he has been teething since about 5 months and still only has 4 teeth! ugh! so, hang in there!