September 27, 2008

Mysterious Ways

I went to the doctor on Friday for my regular 38 week check-up and found out my blood pressure was higher than normal. The first time they took it, it was 130/90. Not "too" high but high for me. They said they wanted to check it again after I visit with the doctor. I met with the doctor and of course asked my usual 150 questions. They probably can't wait until I have Trace...haha! She heard his heartbeat and commented on what a happy boy he was in there moving all around. I hope he is as happy when he comes out as he is now. We can only pray! So anyway, I finish my appointment and then they send me back to get my blood pressure taken again to make sure it went down. Of course, I am already nervous because I know it needs to have gone down or else. The girl who took my blood pressure-took it-let it deflate-took it again-let it deflate (while looking questionable at the numbers)-took it again....so obviously my blood pressure is increasing by the second because I have no idea what is going on. She told me it was 140/100 and she needed to go get the doctor. Of course, I am beginning to freak out at this point. It was then they told me that I could not go back to work for the day and I must go home and rest for the weekend and not to mention, I have to do a 24 urine collection from Sunday morning to Monday morning before I go back to the doctor (checking for a certain type of protein).

Bobby had just been talking about how he needed a break and I have also been really tired. The Lord works in mysterious ways and knows what He is doing. Boy are we getting our rest this weekend??

Bobby has been wonderful! He went to the grocery store last night and came home and grilled steaks and made a salad for us. This morning he cooked us breakfast and then has been doing stuff around the house all day. He went to Lowes and bought mums for our front porch (what I had been planning on doing all week), bought paint and painted the trim on the front porch and then painted the front door. He decided not to go the game and stay home with me and now he is grilling out ribs and making baked potato fries. We are going to order the USC vs. UAB game tonight and enjoy our time together having our own "tailgating party."

I have all confidence in knowing that the Lord planned our weekend like this so we could enjoy possibly our last weekend as just the two of us. I will keep you posted on my doctor's visit Monday.

1 comment:

Mason & Dixie said...

Glad you are enjoying a quiet weekend! I like the new blog background - good find.