October 20, 2008

Date Night

Tonight my parents and brother came down from Chesnee (Spartanburg) to watch Trace so Bobby and I could have a date night. I was sooo excited about this!! That is one thing that has been hard for me is not being able to spend alone time with just me and Bobby anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love Trace to death and wouldn't trade anything in the world for him but I do miss that alone time. I always here that once you have children, when you are alone with your spouse, it is hard not to talk about your children. I went into date night and laid out the ground rules for us "No talking about Trace!" Ok-so that is so much easier said than done. How in the world do people do that? I am the one that stated the rule and I am the one that couldn't follow it. Bobby did a great job! I asked Bobby what we talked about before we had Trace and we couldn't remember. I tried really hard but probably made a C+.


We had a great time even though it was a short time. We went to Outback and I had a bacon wrapped filet and it was GREAT!! Although not near as good as the one Bobby grilled us the other night. Even though I talked about Trace a little bit, it was so great just to be with Bobby for an hour and a half. We laughed, joked, and talked about adult things instead of talking in baby talk. :)

Trace had so much fun with Grandma and Papa Andrews and Uncle Robert (Bubba). My mom fed him, changed his diaper, gave him his medicine and did a great job. My dad and brother played with him, cuddled with him and just loved on him. I have a feeling like I said in an earlier blog...they are going to become "Irmo Regulars." (Which will be fine with us!) I love seeing them and I love seeing them love on my child. Trace is so loved!!


Trace having fun with Uncle Robert!


Cuddling with Papa!


Uncle Robert loving on Trace


Precious!!!


Can you tell Uncle Robert loves Trace??


Trace is exhausted after playing with Grandma, Papa and Uncle Robert!
Come back soon, I love ya'll!! -Trace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad yall got to "get away"! You look great Jennifer!! And Trace just keeps on growing!!